Hey everyone, I wanted to bring to you one of the easiest and classiest ornaments you can make on the fly...and you really only need 2 things...a clear ornament and a bottle of Tulip 3D Fabric Paint! Hurray for easy holiday crafting, right?
What you need:
– Clear glass ornament (mine were jumbo-sized)
– Small cup or surface to let your ornament rest while drying.
This project is seriously the easiest...you don't even have to take off the cap to make ornament magic happen! Starting from the top of your ornament, squeeze a small spirals onto the ornament. From that squeezed spiral, offshoot another spiral design, and another, and another.
A general rule of thumb for a great looking overall design is to have all the spirals going in the same direction.
Complete one side of your design like this and position it on top of a drinking cup or even your ornament container to dry. This will generally take anywhere from 2-5 hours to dry, depending on the thickness of how much you squeezed out. Once it is dry on this side, flip over and do the other side! Easy peasy!
A couple tips:
– The bottles of glitter 3D paint (a.k.a. Puffy Paint) comes out milky white, but dries clear and sparkly. So don't be confused if it doesn't come out sparkly when you start squeezing!
– You can actually drag the tip of the bottle write on the surface if you want. This may be a better solution for those folks who have not used 3D paint before. It still turns out looking great and you can correct any mini mistakes you might make along the way.
– Keep a wet wipe or paper towel on hand to clean up any small mistakes you may make. And if you end up not liking your design at all, you can just wipe it off and clean off your ornament. If you aren't keen on the dried design, you can also just peel it off and start anew!
Feel free to fill the inside of your ornament with feathers, paint, or glitter, like we did in this tutorial!
Happy holiday ornament-making crafty friends!
Looking for more ornament ideas? Check out these other projects from our blog!