1. Prewash fabric before painting to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
2. Shake bottle well.
3. Insert shirtboard or cardboard between layers of fabric.
4. Squeeze Dimensional Paint right out of the bottle.
5. Hold tip to surface and squeeze gently. Let dry flat 4 hours.
6. For Super Puffy finish only: To puff paint, preheat iron to hottest steam setting. Steam activates paint. Hold iron above paint, but not touching and steam until paint rises.
7. Wait 72 hours before washing. Wash in warm water, gentle cycle with mild soap; line dry. Clean up with soap and water. Do not dry clean.
Tips & Techniques
1. Choose fabrics that are machine or hand washable. For best results, use 50/50 cotton/polyester blends.
2. Test paint in a hidden area to ensure compatibility with fabric.
3. Hold the TULIP Dimensional Paint bottle in your hand like a pencil.
4. Tap bottle firmly, tip downward, on hard surface. Flush out bottle by squeezing out a small amount of paint, and wiping tip clean.
5. Dimensional designs need flex points on fabric for durability and movement. Do not make long continuous lines. Instead, make a 3-inch to 4-inch line, pick up the tip and start again by placing the tip just past the end of the first line. Repeat until you've created the desired length.
6. For raised linework, hold the bottle at an angle to the fabric, allowing more paint to escape. For flat linework, hold bottle straight up and down, allowing less paint to escape. Practice your linework on preprinted paper towels.
7. Replace and store bottle in convenient CapStand to keep air bubbles flowing to back of bottle.
8. Set rhinestones, buttons and charms by squeezing a bead of paint about the same size as the stone. Place stone on top of paint. Gently tap rhinestone into paint so that the paint come up around edges to form a setting. Let dry flat.