1. Cut out patterns and trace onto poster board. Cut out shapes.
2. Each piece will be covered with fabric with excess fabric turned to back for a finished edge.
3. Squeeze a puddle of Tacky Glue onto foil. Place a poster board cut out on scratch paper. Dip brush into glue then brush a thin, even coat on one side. Immediately press onto wrong side of desired fabric. Flip over and smooth with fingers. Trim fabric to about ¼” around smaller pieces and ½” for larger. Use scissors to snip every ¼” along excess fabric. Brush Tacky Glue along edge on back then press snipped fabric into glue creating a finished edge. Let dry. Repeat step to cover remaining pieces. Use pinking shears to cut excess from wing shapes leaving a scant border of fabric to cover edges.
Yellow: beak, eyes (2), feet.
Pink: wings (2).
Brown dot: body.
Turquoise dot: ears (2).
4. Apply a thin bead of Tacky Glue along edge of one eye. Press on rickrack, trimming ends where they meet. Continue with other eye. Let dry.
5. Thread needle with 6 strands of floss and sew several times in holes of buttons. Cut and knot ends to back. Sew large turquoise buttons with pink floss, pink medium buttons with turquoise floss and medium turquoise with yellow floss, tying floss on front.
6. Position all fabric pieces in place then glue referring to photo for placement.
7. Determine placement for clock works and mark with small pencil dot. Use pushpin to make a hole through all layers at pencil dot. Carefully push sharp pencil from front to back creating a hole large enough for stem of clock. Use scissors to carefully cut excess cardboard from back of hole.
8. Assemble clock following package instructions.
9. Position all buttons in place, evenly spacing small pink for clock face. Apply glue to back of button then press in place. Let dry.