1. Prepare clean surface.
2. Select desired font and design print out images in black ink.
3. Follow directions from ScreenIt for burning images to screen.
4. Once the screen is ready to use, slip bandana onto the foam base of the ScreenIt machine. Position screen onto bandana and set in place.
5. Using squeegee provided with ScreenIt, apply Tulip® Soft® paint as desired.
6. Remove screen and wash screen immediately.
7. Repeat on as many bandanas desired. Let paint on bandanas dry.
8. Pre-wash screened bandanas in cool water without fabric softener but do not dry.
9. Lay damp bandana on prepared work surface.
10. From the Luau, prepare the following dyes: Teal, Lime, Red and Violet.
11. Squeeze Lime on bottom half of bandana and Teal on upper half of bandana leaving the center area white.
12. Spritz water lightly on the two colors and blend to create the “ombre” look.
13. Repeat technique on second bandana with a different screen print. Use Violet on one end and Red on the other. Spray the two colors toward the center keeping the screened area very pale in color.
14. *Optional Paintbrush method: Pour prepared dye colors in containers. Use brush to “paint” a heavier coat of dye on the outer areas then dilute the color with a watered brush. Repeat from the opposite side with the second color blending toward the center. Let dye set 6-8 hours.
15. Machine wash bandanas in cold water and a little soap. Rinse, dry and press if necessary.