1. Sketch out a favorite state on a piece of scratch paper. Cut out to use as a pattern on fabric.
2. Use state cutout to cut state shape out of muslin or cotton fabric.
3. Use Tulip Fabric Markers to color stamp details – this gives you the option of blending colors to get a custom look you can't get from a stamp pad – then press onto fabric state cutout. Remember to ink a front side for the front of your ornament and a backside for the back of your ornament.
4. Stitch the front and back of state together, adding a loop of ribbon at the top of the state to serve as an ornament hanger. Stuff with a small bit of cotton batting before stitching completely closed.
5. Add a few accent stamped muslin pieces to ornament with decorative straight pin. In the example, the word "Road Trip" was stamped on a small rectangle of fabric and pinned onto the state ornament.
6. Using the Fabric Markers, add color to the accent pieces.