1. Wash socks and leave damp. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth and lay damp socks on prepared surface.
2. Fold each sock in half, top to toe. Secure at regular intervals with zip ties.
3. Mix desired dye colors according to package instructions.
4. Lay tied socks on pastry rack if desired. Tip: Placing socks on a pastry rack while dyeing prevents socks from sitting in a pool of dye and avoids the risk of dye spreading to unwanted sections. Apply desired dye colors to tied sections.
5. Allow socks to set for time recommended in package instructions, or overnight.
6. Rinse socks under warm running water to remove excess dye.
7. Remove zip ties and wash and dry socks as indicated in instructions.