1. Prewash one of the T-shirts to remove sizing; leave damp.
2. Prepare Gray dye according to package instructions. Place damp T-shirt in the plastic container and pour dye on top. Wearing plastic gloves included in dye box, work dye into T-shirt with hands to disperse color.
3. Let set only 3 hours or so instead of the full amount of time to create a faded shade of gray. Rinse T-shirt thoroughly in warm running water and dry according to care instructions.
4. Iron dyed T-shirt smooth then cut out strips of fabric approximately 1” wide by 5” long to create chain link pieces.
5. Glue ends of first link together using Fabric Fusion. String another strip through first loop and glue ends together in the same way. Continue process until desired length of chain is completed. Set aside and let dry completely.
6. Cut a sheet of freezer paper large enough to span across width of shirt. Draw an irregular shaped triangle on freezer paper to create mummy peephole design and cut out, leaving outside edges intact to create stencil and saving cutout as well.
7. Place triangular shaped cutout on chest area of white shirt waxy side down and iron in place to create a temporary hold. Cutout will block shirt from Fabric Spray Paint used in next step.
8. Spray T-shirt with Asphalt Fabric Spray Paint on both front and back. Let dry and peel off triangle cutout.
9. Align peephole stencil over white triangular section on chest area of shirt (where cutout was), matching edges. Iron in place, then insert shirtboard or cardboard between layers of shirt.
10. Cut two rounds for eyes from freezer paper and iron in place in peephole section to block off. Refer to photo.
11. Sponge Ebony Soft Fabric Paint onto remaining open areas within peephole stencil. Let dry and add a second coat if needed. Peel off eye cutouts and stencil and let dry.
12. Use a paintbrush to brush two or three coats of Green Glow onto centers of eyeballs to create irises. Let dry then squeeze a dot of Black Slick 3D Fashion Paint onto centers of irises to create pupils. Use Deep Red Slick to create veins in eyes as shown. Let dry.
13. Cut uneven fringes on bottom of T-shirt and edges of sleeves as shown.
14. Unroll cheesecloth and glue sections across shirt to simulate mummy wrappings. Let dry completely.