Instructions created for ram with following measurements:
Shoulder to tail – 30”; height from ground to top of shoulder – 30”; neck – 29” around; top horn – 9½ ” around; lower horn – 3½” around
- Cut a strip from white cotton fabric that is approximately 15” wide by length of fabric piece. Dampen fabric and place in bucket/plastic bin.
- Mix red dye as instructed on box and saturate fabric with dye. Let sit four to six hours, occasionally moving fabric around to distribute dye.
- Wash fabric in a large amount of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer and press. Lay necktie pattern on top. Cut out and stitch as directed.
- Lay cape pattern on houndstooth fabric, pin and cut out. Repeat with the black cotton fabric for lining.
- Place the fabrics right sides together and align edges. Stitch together, leaving neckline open. Turn cape right side out and press.
- Cut out collar pattern from white fabric. Stitch collar right sides together, following instructions on pattern, leaving shorter side open. Turn right side out and press.
- Lay cape open on work surface (black fabric side up) and align unstitched end of collar flush with inside top edge of cape. Pin together and stitch. Fold collar down over top edge of cape. Refer to pattern and photo. Press.
- Lay four strips of tape horizontally across necktie, leaving about an inch of space in between each strip. Pour a puddle of Glitter Bond onto foil and working with one stripe at a time, sponge Glitter Bond onto the sections between the tape. Immediately pour black glitter on glue then use finger to press glitter into glue to set. Repeat for all stripes. Let dry then brush off excess glitter and remove tape.
- Cut a 3” wide x 4” long strip of red fabric and stitch lengthwise; fold under raw edges on each end and stitch.
- Line one end of strip ¼” in at the top where the collar attaches to cape. Attach both sides of Velcro to strip and press down to cape opening. Attach another Velcro piece to the necktie and press down on the strip.
- Cut open watch band if necessary to be able to fit around horn and add Velcro to close. Add crystals to band for extra embellishment and fit around horn for a trendy timepiece!