1. Wash tennis shoes with laundry soap, either in the washing machine or by hand. Leave damp.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Mix dyes with water according to package instructions. Pour into plastic containers.
3. While shoes are still damp, dip shoes in dye as desired.
4. Use a paper towel to wipe off excess dye around rubber soles to prevent dye from running down shoes.
5. Repeat for other end of shoes with a different dye color.
6. Set shoes out to dry.
7. Tip: If dye is too light, use a paintbrush and paint another layer of dye on top. If dye is blotchy, use a paintbrush to lightly brush water over entire shoe.