Who holds the key to your heart? Create this heart shadowbox for yourself or someone you love this Valentine’s Day with Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®, charms and metallic paints!
- Cut heart shape from cardboard. Cut out additional smaller heart shapes to create dimension on heart. Glue hearts together with Original Tacky Glue and let dry.
- In disposable cup, mix a small amount of water into Tacky Glue so that it is slightly thinned and can be brushed on.
- Tear small strips of tissue paper and apply to heart shape with brushed on Tacky Glue. Allow the paper to wrinkle and crumple to create interesting texture. Repeat until heart is covered and desired effect is achieved. Let dry completely.
- Accent heart with Soft Paints and Red Glitter Dimensional Paint, creating antiqued effects with the metallic colors. Let dry completely.
- Cut a piece of decorative paper to fit backing of shadow box. Brush backside of paper with Tacky Glue and press onto back of box.
- Use Tacky Glue to adhere painted cardboard heart to center of decorative paper.
- Use Red Glitter dimensional paint to create a heart shape on key. Let dry completely.
- Adhere key to cardboard heart, and to apply desired alphabet charms and embellishments to chain with needlenose pliers and jump rings. Glue ends of chain on either side of heart so letters hang beneath heart. Let dry.
- Reassemble shadow box.