Beautiful Blossoms Egg Plates
Spring is in the air and on theses plates with their beautiful floral blooms. Diluted glazes create a watercolor effect for plates so pretty you may not even want to cover them with goodies!
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe both plates with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
SMALL EGG PLATE:
- Lightly freehand flowers and leaves with pencil.
- Pour small puddles of Lemon Yellow, Honeysuckle, Leaf Green and Ivy Green.
- Use No. 8 Round brush dipped in water to dilute the Lemon Yellow and Honeysuckle.
- Very loosely brush diluted Lemon Yellow to outer petals and diluted Honeysuckle in central area of yellow plus the surrounding flowers.
- Brush the remaining flower petals with the diluted Honeysuckle.
- Dip tip of brush into a more concentrated Honeysuckle and make centers in each flower.
- Rinse brush and dip into some diluted Leaf Green. Make quick, one stroke leaves above the flowers and fill in spaces between the flowers.
- Use tip of brush dipped in a more concentrated Ivy Green to brush in lower parts of leaves and around flower petals in lower area of plate. Refer to photo if necessary.
- If desired, make fine lines with diluted Black for stems. Let dry.
MEDIUM EGG PLATE:
- Pour puddles of Dark Turquoise, Lemon Yellow, Honeysuckle, Leaf Green and Ivy Green.
- Dilute Lemon Yellow and the Dark Turquoise. Dip brush into the Lemon Yellow and make one-stroke petals for yellow flower.
- Rinse brush and dip tip into a more concentrated Honeysuckle and dab centers.
- Rinse brush and dip tip into the diluted Dark Turquoise and make longer strokes for the larger flower. Dip brush into a more concentrated Dark Turquoise and brush center areas.
- Brush diluted Leaf Green into leaves. While leaves are wet, brush lower part of leaves with Ivy Green.
- Dip tip of brush into Black and make dots in center of flowers. Use tip of brush into some diluted Black and make stem lines in leaves and few branches as desired. Let dry.
- Place plates on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to front and backs of plates. Let dry.
- Stilt on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
Duncan® E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes
Container for water
Foil or foam plate for paint palette
You may also like:
Suzie works as a Senior Designer at iLoveToCreate®. She has been involved with art since childhood, and her passion has continued throughout her life. She honed her natural talents by attending the Academy of Arts in San Francisco on scholarship, art classes at San Jose City College. She works with various media and substrates. You can find her masterpieces on painted signs, murals, people and animal portraiture, mold design, sculptures, ceramic projects and fabric paint designs. Her commercial endeavors include children’s coloring books, illustrative designs for bags, brochures and cards. Her exceptional illustration skills have brought her many jobs as a fashion illustrator for designers in Hong Kong and Hawaii.
My Social Media
November 30, 2016