1. Paint frame black. Let dry (or use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process.)
2. Wrap wire around pencil for a spiral look.
3. Attach ends of wire to hangers on back of frame.
4. Glue buttons to front and sides of frame by placing a small dab of glue on the back of the button and then placing on the frame. Gently press so that the glue slightly oozes up in the button holes. Don’t worry if you have a little excess glue – it does dry clear! Layer the buttons in several places on the frame for a more dimensional effect.
5. Glue buttons onto wooden hearts. Glue hearts onto wire. Let dry.