Make a tee that captures the magic of Christmas morning! Start with an easy-to-make freezer paper stencil, fill it in with Tulip® fabric paints and add a special finishing touch with real ribbon.
1. Print out Christmas present pattern and trace onto freezer paper with pencil.
2. Cut out stencil with a craft knife leaving the crossed “ribbon” lines. Cut out “From: Santa” tag very carefully and set aside.
3. Center stencil onto white tee and iron down. Iron “From: Santa” tag in place as well.
4. Insert cardboard piece between layers of tee to create a stable surface and prevent paint from seeping through to backside.
5. Draw a light line with fabric chalk in between each box to help guide you while painting.
6. On bottom box, draw light diagonal lines 1” apart using a ruler for striped look.
7. Paint in stencil: Top present is solid Neon Green. Middle present is solid Crimson Red. Bottom present – paint every other stripe Neon Green and remaining stripes with Glacier White.
8. After paint dries, add white polka dots to middle red present with a circle sponge. Cover top and bottom presents with paper to avoid polka dots overlapping onto other presents.
9. Remove “From Santa” tag freezer paper and outline the tag shape with a Black fabric marker. Write “From Santa” on the inside.
10. Remove remaining freezer paper and paint in the remaining pieces: Red ribbon lines on both the top and bottom boxes.
11. After presents are dry, make two small bows with 3/8” red ribbon and seal the ends with a lit match to prevent unraveling.
12. Glue the bows to the top and bottom presents with Aleene’s® No Sew Fabric Glue. Let dry.