Create a springtime tee with a flower that blooms in all the colors of the rainbow. Combine dimensional and soft fabric paints for a textured effect that every garden lover will adore.
1. Prewash and dry tee.
2. Print flower pattern onto white paper.
3. Divide the petals into six sections by drawing a straight line with a ruler on top of the petals to help guide you while you paint. Label each section with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
4. Insert cardboard inside tee and place marked up flower pattern on top so you can see pattern through tee.
5. Tape down flower pattern to cardboard once it’s positioned where desired on shirt.
6. Outline flower petals with dimensional paints, starting with one color and working your way around with all six colors. Outline green stem and leaves as well.
7. Let dry.
8. Use Tulip Soft paints to add color to the inside of each petal following the curved shape with a paintbrush. Do the same for the leaves using Lime paint.
9. Let dry. Remove cardboard and pattern from inside tee.