Send your little camper off in style with a T-shirt covered in creativity! Tie dye and a camp-themed screen-printing design make for a shirt that’s as fun to wear as it is to make.
1. Prewash T-shirt; do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
3. Lay damp T-shirt flat on prepared work surface, then pinch fabric in the center of T-shirt and twist in a swirl motion until entire T-shirt becomes a large swirl. Wrap two rubber bands around swirled fabric, crisscrossing rubber bands to form an X and dividing swirl into four sections.
4. Wearing gloves from kit, remove caps from Fuchsia, Orange, Lime and Turquoise dye bottles and fill with water. Replace caps tightly and shake until dye has fully dissolved.
5. Apply one color of dye to each section, then carefully flip over and repeat on backside, matching colors to corresponding section on front.
6. Cover T-shirt with plastic tablecloth to keep damp and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense colors.
7. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water until runoff is clear, leaving rubber bands intact. Wash in a large load of hottest water suitable for fabric with a small amount of laundry soap. Remove rubber bands then dry separately.
8. Print out pattern and follow directions from ScreenIt packaging to burn screen.
9. Once image has been burned to screen, use Ebony Soft Fabric Paint included in box and screen print design onto T-shirt.
10. Remove extra paint. Rinse screen immediately and let dry. Let T-shirt dry.