Crafty Cinema: Powerful Inspiration
When it comes to girl power role models, Jane Eyre is the original. It doesn’t matter that she is a fictional character from 1847. Whether it is finding her true love or struggling with poverty and injustice, she faces her problems head on with a strong will and a lion’s heart. Now we can see Hollywood’s latest interpretation of the famous page-turner with Jane Eyre, the feature film. Starring Mia Wasikowsa (Alice in Wonderland), you can expect suspense, mystery, romance, and of course – action!
You can channel the positive energy of Jane Eyre by making an motivating plaque with the help of Collage Pauge®, Aleene’s® adhesives and Crafty Chica® glitters and markers. It will look great in your bedroom, office or inspiration corner. It features one of her most beloved quotes from the book: "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will..." May you make it, read it and live it!
- Cut up the copied pages of novel text. Use Collage Pauge® and paintbrush to apply pages to canvas, covering it completely. Repeat prior step to apply the image of Jane. Let dry.
- Using the Crafty Chica® blue marker, draw an outline around the image, as well as around the border of the canvas. Before the ink dries, wipe it away with a paper towel to create a “stained” look.
- Tear away the edges of the printed quote and use the purple marker to “stain” the edges. Use Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue® to adhere quote to the canvas.
- Lay down paper towel on work surface. Place canvas on paper towel. Add swirls of Paper Glaze™ and sprinkle on Crafty Chica® glitter. Tap away excess glitter onto paper towel. Let dry.
- Use Tacky Glue® to add fuzzy and lace trims around the edges and a trim at the top for hanging.
Photocopied pages from the Jane Eyre novel
Color copy image of Jane Eyre
Print out of quote
Hi! I'm Kathy! I'm a mommy, wifey, and left-handed middle child Sagittarian. I make a living by writing books, giving speeches, making art, and sharing ideas to inspire you to do the same. I want to help you find your happy!