You won’t believe how easy it is to create your own screen print designs using the Tulip® ScreenIt™! Simply find or create the design you want, create a print screen, add your colors to a favorite tee and you’ve got a look all your own made at home!
1. Draw or print artwork onto standard white copy paper. Note: all printing must be solid black. (Two designs were used to create this tee. You may only need one.) Using desired artwork, create screen(s) following the instructions provided in the Tulip® ScreenIt™ Machine kit to burn each print screen as needed. You will need a small non-abrasive sponge for this task.
2. Once designs are completed pick which will be the background and which will be the foreground or focus. For this project, the butterfly is the foreground and the doodle scroll design is the background.
3. Position the fabric for screen printing.
4. BACKGROUND: Position doodle scroll screen on base and lock screen into place. Squeeze a thin layer of Ebony Tulip® Soft® Fabric Paint down on top edge of screen and using the squeegee provided, swipe the paint across the print screen to evenly distribute. To avoid blurring wet paint, rinse screen and repeat process two more times waiting 5 minutes between each application. When complete, immediately clean screen with water. Do not scrub. Store for future use. Allow paint on tee to dry for 1 hour.
5. FOREGROUND: Position screen on base and lock screen into place. To create side-to-side gradation effect, place a line of paint on left side of the screen and pull paint over the screen to the right. (NOTE: since background paint will be dry to the touch it will be ok to allow designs to overlap during this step.) This design used Periwinkle paint at the top and Turquoise paint at the bottom. When pulling the paint across, the paint mixes to create a one of kind look. Carefully rinse screen. Repeat process for second butterfly adjusting the colors to Turquoise and Lime paints for the bottom butterfly.
6. When complete, carefully peel away print screen and immediately clean with water. Do not scrub. Store for future use.
7. Allow all designs to dry flat for 4 hours. Wait 72 hours before washing.