1. Basecoat canvas with acrylic paint using foam brush. Let dry.
2. Roughly sketch fish on canvas.
3. Remove tips from paints. Squeeze out ample puddles of all dimensional paint colors on palette, leaving space between colors.
4. Scoop Teal on flat edge of palette knife. Beginning from top of canvas, lay edge of knife down and scrape down randomly up to and around fish. Repeat with White, blending with Teal, referring to picture. Apply Royal Blue toward base, blending and mixing with Teal.
5. For large fish, lay edge of palette knife with Royal Blue on body portion and scrape down. For center portion of body, use some White and Teal. Use tip of knife to mush around and pounce for texturizing and blending. For head, use some White. Apply Yellow on fins and tail.
6. Continue applying paint to fish referring to picture for darker and lighter areas.
7. Dip sharp edge of knife into Black. Make random vertical lines at darkened base of canvas. Dip tip of palette knife in Black. Press down on sides and top of lines to create sea foliage. Let dry thoroughly.
8. Glue ribbon around edges of canvas.