Forged Foil Jewelry
Get the look of vintage without spending a fortune! Crinkled aluminum foil makes a pretty pair with Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®; smooth over bracelets, necklaces and more and seal with Aleene’s® Spray Acrylic Sealer™ for creative style that’s one of a kind!
- Cover work surface with wax paper. Glue tiles and beads to bracelets in desired pattern with Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®. Let dry.
- Cut a piece of foil 5” larger than bracelet on all sides. Lightly crumple foil to create a crinkled look. Note: do not crumple foil into a ball, as it will tear when flattened. Uncrumple foil and smooth out with a rolling pin, leaving wrinkles.
- Squeeze a puddle of Original Tacky Glue® onto paper plate. Use paintbrush to brush a generous amount of glue onto bracelet.
- Immediately wrap crinkled foil around bracelet, pressing foil down and working fingers over beads or tiles so foil forms around these shapes. Make sure all edges are glued down. Let dry. Note: if the foil tears while wrapping around the bracelet, crumple and flatten a small scrap of foil and glue in place to cover the tear.
- Repeat step for other bracelet and necklace. Let dry.
- Spray jewelry with Aleene’s® Spray Acrylic Sealer™ and let dry.
Bracelets – plastic or wood
Statement necklace with large surface area, beads and embellishments
Embellishments with flat backing – beads, tiles, etc.
Aluminum foil – gold or silver