As the saying goes, you’ll have a nice day creating this oh-so-happy tee! Start with some Tulip® tie-dye in a bullseye design and add happiness with a Tulip® Dimensional Fabric paint smile for a shirt that will bring joy to others everywhere you wear it.
1. Prewash T-shirt without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay out damp T-shirt on covered work surface.
3. Decide where you want the center of bullseye to be on the fabric. Pinch fabric and pull up in tube shape.
4. Place rubber band about 1” from the top, continue banding every 2-3” along length of fabric.
5. Prepare dye following package instructions.
6. Apply dye colors between banded sections. Yellow to center section, Fuchsia to middle section and Turquoise to outer section.
7. Cover fabric with plastic table cover. Let set 6-8 hours.
8. Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear. Remove rubber bands.
9. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.
10. Place shirt form inside T-shirt.
11. Use Neon Green dimensional paint to paint a smiley face onto center section of shirt. Let dry.