Here’s a simple, yet clever idea to recycle those old denim jeans into something useful! Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion makes this a no-sew project that even the kids will love.
1. Cut around pockets from old jeans and set aside.
2. Use fabric from one denim pants leg to create the body of your organizer. Cut to desired size allowing for a half-inch seam allowance around all edges. Make sure the finished width of organizer matches your wooden ruler length.
3. Fold all raw edges over to the backside and adhere with Fabric Fusion. Use large paper clips to hold seams in place until dry.
4. Use Fabric Fusion to adhere reserved jeans pockets onto organizer body. Lay flat until dry.
5. Cut trims and rick rack to fit width of organizer. Where desired, apply trims and rick rack to organizer with Fabric Fusion. Let dry.
6. Cut four lengths of ribbon to create loops for hanging. Make sure loops will accommodate wooden ruler. Secure to back of organizer with Fabric Fusion. Let dry.
7. Hang finished organizer from wooden ruler inserted through ribbon loops.