Mixed Media Flower Garden
Create a colorful flower garden that thrives the whole year through! A plastic plate makes the perfect canvas for a mixed media garden budding with vibrant papers adhered with Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage™, and extra personality from Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™ and 3D Fashion Paint™.
- Wash and dry plastic plate.
- Cut three or four strips of multi-colored paper in desired lengths and widths for flower stems. Cut out same amount of various flower shapes.
- Squeeze a puddle of Collage Pauge onto a paper plate. Use a paintbrush to spread a thin coat of Collage Pauge onto the back of one of the stem strips, then press onto plate. Brush a thin coat of Collage Pauge over the top of strip on plate. Repeat process for other strips. Refer to photo.
- Repeat Collage Pauge application process to adhere flower pieces to tops of stem pieces. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Squeeze puddles of each color of Soft Fabric Paint onto a clean paper plate. Use paintbrushes to paint abstract flowers and stems over the tops of and in between paper flowers and stems. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Use red and blue permanent felt pens to draw another layer of flowers over the tops of and in between painted flowers. Let dry.
- Start flow of White Slick 3D Fashion Paint on a paper towel, using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Use White Slick to draw flowers, accents and desired words over the tops of all other flowers. Let dry.
- Use metallic gold gel pen to add additional flowers, accents and wording as desired. Let dry.
What you need:
Plastic plate – white
Gel pen – metallic gold
Paintbrushes – various sizes
Permanent felt pens – red, blue