Inspired by some of the great painter Vincent Van Gogh’s most famous and iconic works, these sunflower canisters will be focal features in any kitchen.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Transfer the patterns onto the canisters using pencil and clay carbon paper.
3. Thoroughly shake each of the French Dimensions colors.
4. Beginning with the Black Licorice, outline the flower center swirl areas. Continue with the French Briarwood and outline around the flower center outer edge and all the petals. Next complete the stems and leaves with a combination of the French Kiwi and French Hunter, adding the French Kiwi to the lighter sides of the stems and leaves and the French Hunter to the darker areas.
5. Using the No. 6 Round or the No. 1 Liner as needed, apply three coats to the following areas: Dark Ginger: brown flower centers; Light Wintergreen: the background of the design on the wall of the canisters and to the recessed handle areas on the lids; Bright Kelp: the flat lid area and the stems and leaves.
6. Accent the stems and leaves with additional French Kiwi and French Hunter for texture and color variation.
7. Use the palette knife to gently stir each of the Crystals Glazes, being careful not to disturb the large crystals at the bottom of the container. Pour some of each color into a clean paper cup.
8. Using the No. 6 Round or the No. 1 Liner as needed, apply two coats to the following areas: Fireworks: flower centers; Tutti Frutti: petals on all the flowers; Muddled Mint: Light Wintergreen background areas.
9. For the third coats, mix the large crystals into the rest of the glaze and add to the paper cups. Brush onto designated sections. Let dry completely.
10. Using the Fan Glaze Brush, apply two coats Pure Brilliance to the inside of the canisters, and one coat to the Bright Kelp areas of the lids and stems and leaves. Also apply one coat to the Dark Ginger flower centers.
11. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.