You’ll definitely have tie dye on your fashion radar with colors this cool! Double up the bullseye effect and splash on Tulip® One-Step Dye™ for a tee that hits your creative target.
1. Prewash T-shirt without fabric softener; do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
3. Lay damp T-shirt flat on prepared surface. Pull up fabric from right shoulder of shirt and wrap a rubber band about 1” below tip. Wrap five more rubber bands below the first, spacing about 1” apart. Repeat on bottom left corner of shirt, wrapping four rubber bands.
4. Wearing plastic gloves from dye box, fill dye bottles with water and shake until powder dissolves.
5. Starting with the banded sections on shoulder area, squeeze Red dye onto the tip and second section, followed by Purple on the next two sections then Fuchsia on the last two sections.
6. On the bottom left corner, squeeze Fuchsia onto the tip and second section and Purple onto the following two sections.
7. Cover with plastic tablecloth to keep damp and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense colors.
8. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water until runoff is clear (leaving rubber bands intact). With rubber bands still wrapped around shirt, wash in hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Remove rubber bands and dry separately.