Jazz up a flat wreath with some cheerful tie-dyed fabric pom poms! Mix and match dye colors and tie-dye techniques for a charming autumn decoration to greet guests or adorn a special wall in your home.
1. Wash fabrics without fabric softener and do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with disposable plastic table cover. Lay out damp fabric pieces on covered work surface.
3. Use rubber bands to tie each fabric piece in desired tie-dye technique.
4. Mix dye colors according to package directions.
5. Blend mixed dyes to create colors used here: Violet into Yellow to create ochre, Red into Yellow to make orange, Green into Red to make brown, Violet into Red to make wine. Add small amounts of each color at a time until desired hue is achieved. Test each mix on a paper towel to see finished colors.
6. Apply blended dye colors to each tied fabric piece. Cover dyed fabric with plastic table cover and let set 6-8 hours.
7. Rinse fabrics under running water to remove excess dye. Allow to air dry or dry in dryer.
8. Choose one of your dyed fabrics for the wreath body. Tear it into 2” wide strips.
9. Secure end of first strip to foam with Tacky Glue. Wind around wreath form and secure end with glue. Repeat with other strips until wreath body is covered.
10. Tear remaining fabrics into ¼” wide strips. Use Pom Pom tool to create various sizes and colors of pom poms, mixing fabric strip colors as desired. Finish each pom pom with floral wire and trim wire ends with wire cutter tool.
11. Use Tacky Glue to secure each pom pom to wreath in desired pattern. Allow to dry.