Pretty in Pinks Floral Tee
Make yourself or a special someone pretty in shades of pink this season with Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dye™ … add beautiful blooms with Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™ to complete the look!
- Place tee in cold wash and run through cycle to dampen.
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth or trash bags and lay damp tee out flat on surface. Smooth out tee to remove any wrinkles.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to Fuchsia dye bottle to line indicated. Replace cap tightly and shake until dye is dissolved. Squeeze dye onto right sleeve, extending dye only slightly onto shirt. Refer to photo.
- Squeeze Fuchsia dye onto entire left half of shirt, completely saturating so color soaks through to back of shirt.
- Pour out almost all of remaining dye in bottle into sink, leaving a small amount of Fuchsia at bottom. Fill bottle back up with water, diluting Fuchsia to a Light Pink. Squeeze Light Pink onto right half of shirt, covering all white. Refer to photo. Cover shirt with plastic tablecloth/trash bags and let sit 4 to 6 hours before washing.
- Wash tee in a large load of water with a small amount of soap. Dry in dryer, then iron smooth. Insert Tulip® Fashion Form™ between layers of shirt.
- Trace floral pattern on tracing paper using pencil or marker pen if desired. Turn paper over and trace over lines with chalk, then flip paper over and place chalk side down onto Fuchsia portion on left side of tee. Refer to photo. Rub finger over design to transfer design in chalk onto shirt.
- Shake bottle of Black Slick Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™. Squeeze paint over design lines in small sections at a time. While paint is wet, take a piece of scratch paper and carefully place on top of wet design. Rub fingers gently over paper then lift up from design for a compressed look. Continue in the same manner down remainder of design, squeezing and compressing paint, making sure to use a clean piece of paper each time. Let dry.
- Squeeze a thin line of Silver Metallic Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™ over parts of the flower petals and leaves, using just enough to give the design some sheen. Refer to photo and let dry.
- Remove any visible chalk marks with damp sponge or cloth.
What you need:
Tulip® Fashion Art Tools
Jersey Fitted Tee - White
Sheets of plain white paper 8 ½ x 11” or 11x 14”
Plastic tablecloth or trash bags