Recycle old vinyl records into super cool coasters! Just heat, cut and add felt with Liquid Fusion® Clear Urethane Glue for an easy project that adds some nostalgic fun to your table.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. Place records in the oven and heat until they start to warp.
2. Wearing a glove or using a hot pad, take records out of the oven one at a time and cut with scissors. There will be lines close to the label for you to follow. How much vinyl you leave showing is up to you. You may have to heat, cut and heat and cut again to get all the way around the center. Tip: If your coasters are not flat, heat one last time and then place between two books when you take them out of the oven.
3. Use sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges around record coasters.
4. Spray coasters with Aleene's Spray Acrylic Sealer to protect label from condensation. Apply two coats, allowing to dry completely in-between.
5. Trace coaster onto a piece of craft felt and cut out. Use Liquid Fusion to glue on unvarnished side of coaster. Let dry completely.