1. Cover work surface with plastic trash bag.
2. Remove shoelaces.
3. Use strips of blue tape to cover rubber edge of shoe, overlapping edges. Press along edges with fingernail to prevent seepage.
4. Spray shoe with water until damp. If needed, rub fingers over fabric for water to penetrate. Let set for a few minutes, then spray again. Shoe should be damp but not dripping.
5. Wearing gloves from box, remove lid from Red dye bottle, then fill half-way with water. Replace lid then shake until thoroughly mixed. Remove lid and fill remainder of bottle with water, replace lid then shake until mixed.
6. Squeeze dye onto shoe.
7. Let set 4-6 hours. Rinse shoe in running water until water runs clear. Carefully remove tape. Machine wash separately on large load setting using a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer or line dry.
8. For ease of painting, fill shoe with plastic bags or paper.
9. Use pencil to trace pattern onto tracing paper. Flip pattern over, then draw over lines with white chalk.
Do not chalk over face features at this time.
10. Position pattern in place referring to photo for placement. Rub finger over lines to transfer pattern to shoe. Remove pattern.
11. Squeeze a small puddle of Linen Soft Fabric Paint on foil. Use flat brush to paint in face area. Let dry, then paint on a second coat. Use blow dryer to speed up process. Paint in centers of flower with Sunshine Yellow Soft Fabric Paint, then Mandarin Orange and Turquoise for flower petals. Let dry. If needed, add a second coat.
12. Place pattern on shoe in area painted for face. Carefully slip graphite paper under pattern, graphite side down. Carefully trace face features with pencil. Make sure pattern has transferred then remove paper and pattern.
13. Squeeze Glacier White, Petal Pink and Crimson Red Soft Fabric Paint on foil. Use flat brush to paint eyes Glacier White and cheeks Petal Pink. Use liner brush to paint eyes and lids Turquoise, nose Petal Pink, and mouth Crimson.
14. Squeeze Ebony Soft Fabric Paint on foil. Use liner brush to add a few drops of water, then mix together adding more water until mixture reaches a milky consistency. Use liner brush to detail eyes, eyelashes, swirls in cheeks and lines in petals of flowers.
15. Start flow of Black 3D Fashion Paint on paper towel using even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Outline each petal, then add thick & thin lines for hair. Keep tip of bottle clean by wiping with paper towels. Let dry.
16. Referring to photo for color and placement, add Crystals to shoe. Press crayon on Crystal, then position in place. Crayon will hold Crystal just long enough to set in place. Remove crayon. Touch Heat-Setting Tool to top of Crystal and hold for 5 seconds. Remove tool and let Crystal cool. Touch with finger to make sure it has adhered, if not, repeat step. Add remainder of Crystals as desired.
17. Lace shoes with ribbon instead of shoe laces. Tie knots in ends, then trim if needed.