Whether it’s for you or your guy, this silk bow tie is perfect for the office or a night on the town! Silk fabric and Tulip® One-Step Dye™ are the peanut butter and jelly of fashionable fun; use a wash of green and lime for a tie that’s simply sublime.
1. Dampen silk fabric and lay flat on covered work surface.
2. Mix Lime and Green One-Step Dyes according to package instructions.
3. Use paintbrush to blend first color along one side of fabric, wetting brush as needed to evenly blend color, making sure color is dark along the edges and lighter toward the center.
4. Repeat above step on opposite side of fabric with second dye color, blending into first color.
5. Allow dyes to set for time recommended in instructions or overnight.
6. Rinse fabric under cool running water to remove excess dye and let dry.
7. Cut a strip of fabric twice as tall and long as you would like your finished tie to be, with ½” seam allowance all around. Orient your piece so one color is on each edge of your bowtie.
8. Fold fabric strip in half, right sides together, then sew all around the three open edges, leaving a small opening to turn right side out. Once turned right side out, sew opening shut.
9. Pinch bowtie together in the center and secure with needle and thread.
10. Cut another strip of dyed fabric and wrap around the middle of bowtie, securing in back with needle and thread.