Your little one will have a hoot of a time while out trick-or-treating with this sweetly spooky owl tote! Use fabric pieces and Aleene’s® Quick Dry Fabric Fusion® to create this boo-tiful bird for gathering treats.
1. Tape off a 2” border around the bag.
2. Paint a layer of Natural Glow within the taped area and let dry.
3. Leaving tape in place, spray a light layer of Asphalt Fabric Spray Paint and let dry. Remove tape after paint has dried. Add a decorative scalloped border around the painted section with Black Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint if desired.
4. Use Owl template to cut owl out of gray felt. Cut wings out of the burnt orange fabric. Cut belly out of burlap and beak and feet from the yellow felt.
Cut out the “Boo!” template, trace it on to burlap and cut it out.
5. Using Quick Dry Tacky Glue, glue the owl’s belly, wings, beak and feet onto the gray body. Let dry.
6. Glue the owl to the bottom center of the painted square on the tote, so the feet are slightly off of the edge.
7. Cut lettering from burlap fabric. Glue the two “O’s” in the center of the owl’s face above the beak for the eyes. Glue the “B” to the left of it the “O’s” and the “!” on the right to spell out “BOO!”.
8. Use Natural Glow dimensional fabric paint to outline everything and add in details. Let dry.