Set a spring table that’ll have your party guests swooning! The color orchid makes for settings that are sensational with rich color; ombre dyed cloth napkins add a touch of elegance to your party table.
1. Wash napkins without fabric softener and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
2. Stack napkins in pairs and clip each pair flat to a pants hanger.
3. Mix dyes according to package instructions. Use extra mixing bottle to create a light dilution by adding water to a small amount of dye. Test on scrap fabric and add more dye or water to achieve a light violet shade.
4. Set pastry rack over sink or on covered work surface.
5. Lay first set of napkins on rack. Apply full strength dye to bottom edge of napkin.
6. Use diluted dye to blend color upward, about halfway up napkins. Add more dye or dilution as needed to create blended effect.
7. Hang dyed napkins to dry. Repeat with additional napkins.
8. Wash/dry napkins as directed in package instructions.