1. Fill bowl or stainless steel sink with one gallon of STEAMING HOT water.
2. Stir in 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) salt.
3. Pour in dye packet and stir until dissolved.
4. Submerge fabric in dye mixture.
5. Stir continually for 15 minutes, and then occasionally for 45 minutes.
6. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
You will need 1/4 cup salt (4 Tablespoons).
One pack dyes up to 1/2 lb. fabric (ex. men's extra-large shirt) to full shade shown on package or larger amounts of water/fabric for lighter shades.
Suitable fabrics: cotton, linen, ramie and rayon; wool, silk and polyester/cotton mixes will dye to lighter shades. Not suitable: pure polyester, acrylic, nylon and fabric with special finishes.
The hotter the water, the deeper the shade of color.
Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye.
1. To make sure water is hot enough, use water that is boiled from a kettle. Put your dye and salt in the dye bucket, and then add the boiling water.
2. Make sure the dye is completely dissolved. If it isn't, you may get splotchy color spots.
3. To get the best color, use prewashed and pre-soaked fabric. Completely push it down to the bottom of the bucket and make sure it is fully immersed.
4. Agitate the fabric in the dye by keeping the fabric fully immersed at all times.
5. After letting it sit, put the entire mixture into your washing machine (with the dye water) and add detergent.
WARNING Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Do not inhale or swallow. May produce allergic reaction. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses. Keep out of reach of children.
FIRST AID TREATMENT: Contains organic dye and sodium carbonate. Rinse eyes or skin thoroughly with water. Call a doctor or poison contorl center if swallowed, or if irritation persists. Conforms to ASTM D-4236.