Whether for Valentine’s Day, newlyweds or just because, creating a set of sweet “you & me” pillows is easy as can be with Tulip® Soft® Fabric Paint and some sparkle from Tulip® Shimmer Transfer Sheets.
White Pillowcases/Pillow Covers:
- Wash and dry pillowcases without fabric softener. Iron smooth.
- Write “you” and “me” on freezer paper in desired font and desired size to fit pillowcases.
- Place on cutting mat and cut out wording with a craft knife to create stencils. Iron in place (waxy side down) on pillowcases in desired locations. Insert freezer paper inside each pillowcase to prevent paint seepage to backside.
- Squeeze soft paint onto a paper plate and sponge paint onto pillowcases through stencil openings. Once desired coverage is achieved, remove stencils and let dry.
Black Pillow Cover:
- Iron pillow cover smooth. Insert freezer paper inside.
- Print out or draw an ampersand to fit throw pillow. Cut out and place over gold shimmer transfer sheet and use as a guide to cut out shape from transfer sheet.
- Place ampersand cutout on black pillow cover and iron into place, following instructions on packaging.
- Insert pillow inside black pillow cover and enjoy!