Reach your creative target in no time with the Tulip® Classic tie-dye kit! Color tanks, tees, totes, hats and more in a few simple steps – just add water, shake and apply! It’s easy as pie, or should we say, easy as “dye”!
1. Prewash fabric without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay damp fabric flat on work surface.
3. Decide where you want the center of bullseye to be on the fabric. Pinch fabric and pull up in tube shape.
4. Place rubber band about 1” from the top, continue banding every 2-3” along length of fabric.
5. Prepare dye following package instructions.
6. Apply dye colors between banded sections.
7. Cover fabric with plastic table cover. Let set 6-8 hours.
8. Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear. Remove rubber bands.
9. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.