Sometimes it’s fun to change up your phone case to match your style, mood or outfit. But why break the bank buying an expensive new phone case, when you can make your own. Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint is an awesome option for creating beautiful DIY phone case designs. One of the things I love most about using dimensional fabric paints for crafting new phone cases is that you can make mistakes and it doesn’t matter! If you make a mistake, wait until the paint is completely dry and then use a toothpick to help peel off the design mistake. Below are three great designs ideas using Dimensional Fabric Paint to help get your creativity flowing.
● Phone Cases - iPhone cases in both white and clear. You can also use a color option if you prefer.
● Start with a clear phone case.
● Outline a butterfly design using white dimensional fabric paint.
● In rainbow order, start with red on the far side of each wing and create a line of color from the top to bottom on the wing.
● Add each additional color. As you add more colors you can make your lines thicker or thinner depending on how much room you have left.
● To create the petal design within each wing, use a toothpick and drag a petal shaped line to the upper corner of the wing.
● Wiping off the toothpick each time, repeat the same shaped line over and over until the wing is filled.
● Repeat the above two steps on each wing.
● Add butterfly antennae and body dots with gold metallic dimensional paint.
● Start with a white phone case.
● You can create one large mandala design or smaller mandala style designs.
● I prefer smaller mandala designs because when you see them all together the design looks cleaner. With a larger design, mistakes are easier to notice.
● This type of design would also be beautiful on a colored phone case, using white dimensional fabric paint for the design.
● Choose a variety of dimensional fabric paint colors (I used 9 different colors). The variety of colors will help give the phone case more dimension.
● Start with the first color at the top of the phone case and add both larger and small dots.
● With the second color, try to mix in some of the colored dots within the pattern created by the first color.
Hope these designs have inspired you to make your own DIY phone cases. You can even mix several of these design ideas together to create new designs. Add dots as borders, create mandala designs around the butterfly or incorporate all three designs into one.
April 30, 2018